What happens down on UpStreet? Here's what a typical morning on UpStreet looks like.
- After being greeted by their Small Group Leaders and Large group Hosts, Kids participate in an activity meant to introduce the one TRUTH, or bottom line, we want kids to walk away with and remember that morning.
- Shortly after arriving, kids are moved to their large group environment where they hear the Bible story.
- During large group time we use costumes, props, and characters from the story - anything that makes the Bible come to life.
- We also carve out time each week for kids to sing as loud as they want and tell God how much they love Him.
- After participating in worship, kids travel back to their small group classroom where their leaders help them understand how the day's bottom line can fit into their everyday life.
We use Bible based curriculum for K-5th graders. The curriculum is built around our Three Basic Truths.
1. Wisdom: I need to make the wise choice.
2. Faith: I can trust God no matter what.
3. Friendship: I should treat others the way I want to be treated.
The Three Basic Truths are amplified through monthly virtues (such as kindness, generosity and faith) and 150 Bible stories. Every week there is a key TRUTH or bottom line that we drive home. It's the ONE THING we want kids to understand and grab onto during their hour on UpStreet.
Small group leaders and large group hosts on UpStreet are serious about having fun with kids and passionate about teaching the TRUTH.
We want kids to see how God's Word fits into their lives, to learn how to talk to Him, and to build friendships that will last.